Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Overseas Jobs

Hooray!! I have submitted my dissertation!!! I have been working on my thesis for almost a year. Glad to have completed it and see the back of it. The sight of it makes me wanna puke. =P Hopefully I can get a B+ for my dissertation. Then my second lower will be secured.

And oh yar…I failed to get the Mapletree job. I called the interviewer and she told me that those who have been selected had already been notified. Sigh…. I really wanted the job because the pay is good and most importantly, it will send me overseas. Oh well….

Life is such an irony. I know of many people who actually do not have the desire to go overseas. Yet, they managed to find jobs that will send them overseas. As for me, I really wish to go overseas!!! But I just cannot get a job that will send me overseas. Sigh…

Some of you might be asking...why do I wish to go overseas so badly? There are a couple of reasons. 1) Well I am a sucker for new experiences. I like to experience a new culture. I want to see new things and experience another way of living. 2) Overseas experience can toughen me up. I always believe that “What doesn’t kills you goes to make you stronger”. We are living in a very sheltered environment in Singapore. I always want to be more independent, stronger and better. And honestly, I feel that I will never be able to do that if I remain in Singapore. 3) I wish to start everything afresh. Sometimes, I really wish that life can be like a computer game. When you are bored with the current scenario/outcome of the game, you just hit the restart button and everything will start all over again. You can play the game until you manage to achieve the outcome that you are satisfied with. There are a lot of unhappy memories over here and there are many things that I am not happy with. By going overseas, it is like hitting the restart button where I can start everything all over again. 4) I want to run away from NS! I am damn unfortunate to be sent to a former best infantry unit for my reservist. The training is tough and the officers are crazy. I have to wear full-battle combat, put on camou cream and endure the bites of the mosquitoes all over again. And guess what. My former recruit who was sent to the People Defense Force gets to go for Nights Off at 3p.m. in the afternoon!!! Life is so unfair!!

I want to become stronger and better. I want to gain recognition. I want to be someone that people look up to and someone that people remember. Social status, prestige and reputation are extremely important to me. Seriously, just like Sasuke, I am willing to do anything to achieve my goal. But sigh…, but unlike Sasuke, I do not have an Orochimaru who wants to take my body!! =P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.